Moonbeams (Ages 7-8)
Moonbeams1-For the older beginner, ages seven through nine, the program lasts three years. Our Moonbeams want “quick results” and the songs, ensembles, and keyboard repertoire are designed to support their growing sense of independence. The listening activities for this age group keep the “ears open” even as reading becomes the primary focus for gathering information.
Students at the final level, Moonbeams Three, are thoroughly prepared for Grade One Conservatory examinations and have, in many cases, been awarded the Conservatory Silver Medal, the highest mark provincially, for Grade One Piano.
- Class Length: 45 minutes
- Duration: September – June
Tuition: $850 (Including registration fee) for 33 weeks
- Home Materials Level 1: $217.00 including tax
- Pattern reading
- Scale playing with harmonizing chords in 6 keys
- Keyboard repertoire with plentiful supplementary pieces for holidays and extra challenges
- Rhythm and keyboard ensemble experiences
- Harmonization and composition experiences
- Transposing within 5 finger patterns
- Understanding and utilizing legato and staccato touches
- Study of a minimum of eight keys with continued study of scales harmonized with primary chords.
- The practice of accompaniment patterns including broken chords and playing rhythmic patterns.
- Study of three forms of the minor scale: natural, harmonic, and melodic.
- Study of inversions of triads
- Study of cadences. (A cadence is a progression of chords.)
- Study of 6/8 time signature.
- Expanded study of note names to include ledger lines and articulation with an introduction to accents.
- Introduction to simple analysis.
- Continued practice in harmonization and transposition, composition and arranging.
- Continued listening for dynamics, meter, articulation, form, and accompaniment styles.
Moonbeams 3 is the final level in Music for Young Children®. When MYC was written, it was with the intent to integrate and prepare our students to take their first piano exam and theory exam at the end of their MB3 year. It is an exciting year for students, parents and teachers as these children have now gained so much knowledge, understanding and appreciation of music and piano playing that they are able to manipulate,
What Parents Are Saying
Both of my daughters are taking piano lessons with Ayshan for years. We’re all pleased with the results that my daughters got for their RCM exams
Dear Mrs. Ayshan. Thank you so very much for everything you have done for Michael. You are an amazing teacher.
Classes with Miss Ayshan is fun. Love teaching, love family atmosphere at the school. The energy of Miss Ayshan and love of children is very touching.