Sunshine (Ages 3-4)
Courses for three and four-year-old beginners includes large muscle experiences in beat and rhythms as well as fine motor experiences in rhythm instrument ensemble playing. By the end of the first year, Sunshines are playing in C major and middle C positions and are reading from the staff. Pre-reading experiences-such as like and different sorting, looking for patterns with colorful visual aids, gluing and coloring-are part of the program. Rhythm Ensembles Rhythm and keyboard ensembles are used throughout the course.
- Class Length: 45 minutes
- Duration: September – June
- the Tuition: $850 (Including registration fee) for 33 weeks
- Home Materials Level 1: $232.00 including tax
Students Must Be 3 Years Old By September
- Learning piano and rhythm through MYC’s unique keyboard and rhythm ‘critters’
- Off-the-staff reading for contour and patterns
- Steady beat experiences
- On-the-staff reading in treble clef and bass clef
- Listening to identify and use dynamics (loud and quiet sounds)
- Listening to a rhythm pattern and writing it using rhythm writing tools. This is sometimes referred to as rhythm dictation.
- Review and continuing development of keyboard geography and rhythm through MYC’s unique keyboard “critters”, Identification and use of dynamics (loud and quiet sounds) and listening to a rhythm pattern and writing it
- Expanded note reading in treble clef and bass clef
- Coordination of LH and RH playing
- Scale playing with harmonizing bridge chords in C Major, a minor and G Major
- Identification of melodic patterns
- Introduction to staccato (detached) and legato (smooth) touches
- Information in child size bites about famous composers
What Parents are Saying
Both of my daughters are taking piano lessons with Ayshan for years. We’re all pleased with the results that my daughters got for their RCM exams
Dear Mrs. Ayshan. Thank you so very much for everything you have done for Michael. You are an amazing teacher.
Classes with Miss Ayshan is fun. Love teaching, love family atmosphere at the school. The energy of Miss Ayshan and love of children is very touching.