Two Student Match
Semi-private piano lessons are intended for 2 students, who are close to the same age and have a similar learning style. It is our expectation that the parent arranges a friend (the second student) to join your child in the semi-private lesson.
The Suzuki Method
- Believe that musical ability can be developed in ALL children
- Studies begin at a young age
- Parents play an active role in the learning process
- Children become comfortable with the instrument before the learning to read music.
- Good posture (correct relationship of body to the instrument), ability to listen to both TUNE (pitch) and TONE (quality of the sound)- important for the very young student who may not yet have begun to read a language. Even an older beginner needs time to solidify the basics before the task of music reading on the instrument is presented.
- Тechnique is thought in the content of pieces rather than through technical exercises. Children learn to speak their mother tongue by actually speaking through language- they should learn to play their instrument by actually playing REAL PIECES of MUSIC.
- Observing another student is a great augmentation to the learning process.
30 min. lessons are scheduled weekly. Both students are expected to attend. It is important to be on time. There will be no make-up lesson or refund for the missed semi-private lesson.
- $22 per 30 minute class
- $30 per 45 minute class
Get In Touch
North York: 2900 Steeles Ave East, Suite 217, Thornhill, ON L3T4X1
Telephone: (905) 881-2226